Physical Education (PE) is taught in two, 1 hourly sessions. One lesson is in the hall, where Gymnastics or Dance is taught and the other lesson is on the Playground or Field. In the Summer term, both lessons are taught outside.
Our children will be taught to:
- use running, jumping, throwing and catching in isolation and in combination;
- play competitive games, modified where appropriate [for example, badminton, basketball, cricket, football, hockey, netball, rounders and tennis], and apply basic principles suitable for attacking and defending
- develop flexibility, strength, technique, control and balance for example, through athletics and gymnastics;
- perform dances using a range of movement patterns;
- take part in outdoor and adventurous activity challenges both individually and within a team;
- compare their performances with previous ones and demonstrate improvement to achieve their personal best;