Tasks to complete:
1) Re-read the text to make sure that you can remember it fully. The text is below if you need to view it.
2) Answer the IPERS questions that Mrs Green introduced in the video. Remember to use full sentences to do this!
- I - How had Bert changed from the beginning of the text to the end?
- P - Why did Bert begin reading the book?
- E - Why does Grandma repeat the first line at the end of the extract?
- R - Can you underline the synonym for these words found in the text?
a. exhilarating - scary / enjoyable / exciting / calming / sedate
b. catchy - enticing / rough / coarse / fun / boring
c. engrossed - relaxing / entertaining / riveted / repulsed / disgusted
d. interminable - heavy / short / gentle / drizzly / endless
e. shrewd - amusing / gentle / astute / severe / caring
- S – What is the message the author of the story wants to get across?