These tasks/activities are here in case you have completed the work quickly and have some extra time available or you would like to challenge yourself to complete some extra work. There is not an expectation that you complete these tasks.
The activities on the 'additional tasks' page will change each day so make sure you check as there will be a variety of tasks to complete for each day.
Look at the image above then answer these questions using full sentences.
- Who might live inside the tree?
- What would the house look like? Who put the sign on the door?
- What do the local people think about the beast living inside?
- Is the lamp ever lit?
- Does the beast have neighbours?
- Does the beast live alone?
- If you lived in a village nearby, would you approach the door and meet the beast?
- What do you think the beast is like?
- What does the saying ‘don’t judge a book by its cover’ mean? Could this apply to the beast?
- If you were the beast, would you want to go out and meet people or would you prefer to hide away?
Below is a fantastic start to a story that could involve the image above, continue it on using your best descriptive language:
The creaky, old doors had not been opened for years. The beast had always lived inside, but nobody dared to visit. Noises that echoed from the gaps in the door had haunted those who heard them. Nobody knew what the narrow, mossy steps led to. Nobody knew what was lurking within.
One day, the heavy, wooden doors slowly began to open with a groan…
These sentences are ‘sick’ and need your help to get better. Can you help?
The door opened and the beast came out. The big beast had scary teeth and big claws. He looked scary He was kind.
Click on the image below. When you are on the website click on the 'Practice/Test' link (it has a red free sign next to it), to practice the spelling rule for today.
Times Table Rock Stars:
A target in Year 5 is for you all to improve at your knowledge and speed of knowing your times tables and division facts. Today, and everyday, make sure you log into your account and practice your times tables and division facts. It will really help in maths when we return as you will be using them in nearly every lesson after half term! Click on the image below for the login page: