Today would have been our PE day. Have a go at some of the activities below to keep you active:
Times Table Rock Stars:
A target in Year 5 is for you all to improve at your knowledge and speed of knowing your times tables and division facts. Today, and everyday, make sure you log into your account and practice your times tables and division facts. It will really help in maths when we return as you will be using them in nearly every lesson after half term! Click on the image below for the login page:
Click on the image below. When you are on the website click on the 'Practice/Test' link (it has a red free sign next to it), to practice the spelling rule for today.
The White Rabbit held his gold pocket watch up, listening to the crisp, satisfying tick-tock as time hurried by. One of his long, white, fluffy ears twitched with the passing of every second.
“We’re going to be late!” he exclaimed loudly. He always hated being late.
“We’re late!” he repeated once again, this time placing the watch back in his hidden top pocket, dropping down to all fours and springing off across the ground.
Can you continue the story?
- Who is the rabbit talking to?
- What is it they are late for?
- Where is the rabbit going?
- Why is he wearing this strange outfit?
- Where are they currently? Why is the floor chequered?
- Why do you think he hates being late?
- Do you find it useful to know the time?
- How many times do you think you check the time every day?
- Did people tell the time before watches were invented?
These sentences need help to get better. Can you help? Could you add an adverb?
The rabbit was white. He held a watch. He was worried.