Our School Council
There are two representatives elected from every class to sit on the School Council. This is led by an elected chairperson, vice-chair and secretary. The council meet regularly to discuss whole-school issues and to look at continual improvement in the school
Projects that the school council have taken a lead with over the last two years have included:
- deciding on playground furniture (including the Trim Trail, Rope Mountain and the Ball Court);
- introduction of the Five Golden Rules;
- re-vamping of the school reward system, which included the introduction of class rewards and the Golden Reward Card;
- introduction of bug hotels;
- re-planting of the Centenary Garden;
- introducing playground equipment and a new playground shed.
Current projects that the School Council are working on are:
- working with Mr.Williams on school worship;
- working on making playtime even better with the introduction of playtime buddies;
- working with Mr Gayle on improving the outside space.
- Others to announced after our next meeting
Our School Ambassadors
We have two School Ambassadors at Nyewood CE Junior School, one boy and one girl from Year 6, who are elected annually by children and staff. Our Ambassadors play a key role in our School Council and carry out many responsibilities including showing visitors around the school, speaking at parents’ meetings, visiting other schools and carrying out duties in assemblies.