Nyewood CE Junior School is a Voluntary Aided Church of England Junior School and as such, the school governors are responsible for determining the admission of pupils.
For entry into Year 3 governors will initially give priority to Looked After Children thereafter to children attending Nyewood CE Infant School. If not all places are filled by children attending Nyewood CE Infant School governors will consider applications from parents by applying the criteria listed below.
- Children who are in public care (looked after children).
- Children attending Nyewood CE Infant School.
- Children of parents who are regular worshippers at St Richard (Aldwick), St Wilfrid (Bognor), St Thomas A’Becket (Pagham) or Holy Cross (North Bersted) Churches.
- Children who have a brother or sister in the school at the time of admission.
- Children with known medical or social needs who would benefit from a place at the school. Documentary evidence from a doctor, social worker or educational psychologist should be submitted with the application for consideration.
- Children resident within a defined area as agreed with the Local Authority.
- Children whose parents are regular worshippers at any other Christian Church in one of the parishes listed above.
- Other children.
When deciding between applicants who have equal entitlement under the above criteria, priority will be given to those children who live nearest to the school (measured in a straight line from the school to the parent’s house).
Mid-year applications for any year can be made by telephoning the school office and arranging to come and look around the school and by completing an application form.